Policy, Law & Regulation
New developments and standards in the realms of policy, law and regulation as they affect media, communications and information - including media and press freedom, media concentration and pluralism, and internet freedom and governance.
- Regulating the Media in India – an Urgent Policy Priority [Cross-posted from LSE Media Policy Project]
- Libya’s Media Transition – New Report from POLIS@LSE
- Gezi Park Protests Push Turkey’s Media into the Spotlight (Updated)
- Somalia Conference: promises of action on media freedom, safety of journalists
- What does Wikileaks tell us about the future of media?
Events & Conferences
News of and from conferences and other events related to media, journalism and policy.
Journalism as a function & profession - including protection/safety of journalists, changing role/new models for the journalism industry, journalism education and training, new forms of journalistic practice.
Tools & Resources
Links to tools, how-tos, primers, databases, software and other resources of use to those working on media and information policy.
Research & Evidence
Research, data and evidence from academics, independent researchers, practitioners, civil society, corporations, think tanks, governments, philanthropic organisations and other sources.
Snippets of news about the media, media policy, freedom of expression, research, and related issues.
Transparency & Accountability
Transparency and accountability both as they are enabled by the media - investigations, scrutiny, watchdog and accountability journalism - and of the media itself - including transparency of ownership, funding, unions/associations, governance, editorial agendas, as well as media ethics.